Support For Our Foster Carers
OwnLife Fostering realises that the quality of our support has an effect on the quality of care our carers can provide.
We pledge to:
- Provide you with new skills through training, learning and ongoing professional development through regular workshops.
- Provide you with continuous support from our experienced staff team, whilst fostering.
- Support your own personal development and training needs.
- Maintain a comprehensive out of hours service.
- Provide regular clinics where you can discuss with other carers, any challenges you are experiencing.
- Provide guides and updates on any legislation that you need to be aware of.
Why foster a child with us?
Our name reflects our aim which is to inspire the children and young people placed in our care to “own” and take control of their “own lives”.
As a family-run agency, the children and foster families are at the centre of what we do. We are there for you 24/7. We are a team.
With OwnLife, we train you so that you have the necessary skills, knowledge, tools, guidance and support you need to provide the very best care to children, allowing children to achieve the very best possible outcomes in their lives.
You are professionals in your field; you are the expert and an equal partner in our team.
The agency runs support groups being a place for carers to share successes and challenges of the role with the rest of the team. It is vital to share experience and help one another.
We also provide therapeutic support when required whether that’s for the carer or the young person in their care.
Become a foster carer
Read more about how to become a foster carer with OwnLife Fostering here.