We’re Recruiting Foster Carers in Sutton
There are different types of foster placements available. Parent and child placements offer the opportunity to help a young parent learn essential skills to look after their self and child. There are also placements that require a home for groups of siblings. These are in great demand within Sutton and can be a hugely rewarding type of placement. Keeping siblings together in their placements is hugely beneficial to the young people involved. At OwnLife Fostering the majority of the children that we care for are over the age of ten and generally teenagers and we also have an emphasis on sibling groups.
Become a Professional Partner with us:
- OwnLife foster carers are supported 24/7
- Professional allowance and financial support package to cover all of the costs of fostering a child/young person
- Training, learning and ongoing professional development
- Support groups
- Therapeutic support
Get in touch now
How to Become a Foster Carer
Becoming a foster parent in Sutton is simple, just follow these simple steps:
- Complete our enquiry form
- We’ll contact you within 24 hours. In this phone call we’ll discuss fostering as a career opportunity for you and answer any questions you have. We’ll also arrange an initial meeting in our office and organise a time for a home visit. This is an opportunity to talk in depth about becoming a foster carer and what it entails.
- After a home visit, we’ll assign a social worker to you who will start the formal process of becoming a foster carer. This involves 6-8 visits to your home and a 3 day training session. OwnLife Fostering aims to have the whole process completed in roughly 8 weeks.
- The final stage in becoming a foster carer is for you and your assigned social worker to attend a fostering panel for consideration of approval. After this, you are ready to start your new career in foster care.
The most important thing is that you have what it takes to inspire children and young people to own and take control of their own lives, and the determination to never give up.
To find out more about Fostering in Sutton, contact us. At OwnLife Fostering, there’s a type of fostering to suit you.
Fostering in Sutton
Sutton’s community of vulnerable children who are looked after by local authority is growing.
Sutton needs foster carers for children of all ages including children under 10 years old and teenagers up to the age of 18. Do you have space in your heart to care for a child?
Read more about becoming a foster carer with OwnLife Fostering and what makes us a different fostering agency.