Foster Carers Needed in All London Boroughs
We’re looking for foster carers across all London boroughs. If you think this role is for you then contact our team at OwnLife Fostering today.
Become a Professional Partner with us:
- OwnLife foster carers are supported 24/7
- Professional allowance and financial support package to cover all of the costs of fostering a child/young person
- Training, learning and ongoing professional development
- Support groups
- Therapeutic support
Get in touch now
How to Become a Foster Carer in London
Becoming a foster carer in London is simple:
1. Complete our enquiry form.
2. We’ll contact you within 24 hours. In this phone call, we’ll discuss fostering as a career opportunity for you and answer any questions you have. We’ll also arrange an initial meeting in our office and organise a time for a home visit. This is an opportunity to talk in depth about becoming a foster carer and what it entails.
3. After the home visit, we’ll assign a social worker to you who will start the formal process of becoming a foster carer. This involves 6-8 visits to your home and a 3-day training session. Ownlife Fostering aim to have the whole process completed in roughly 8 weeks.
4. The final stage in becoming a foster carer is for you and your assigned social worker to attend a fostering panel for consideration of approval. After this, you are ready to start your new career in foster care.
The most important thing is that you have what it takes to inspire children and young people to own and take control of their own lives, and the determination to never give up.
To find out more about Fostering in London, contact us.
Fostering in London Boroughs
In London there are currently thousands of children who need a foster family. There can be many reasons why they require fostering and can range from the very young to teenagers who may be parents themselves.
Reading this you have a clear interest in learning what it requires to become a foster carer. Many People come to fostering for different reasons, whether you may want to make a difference to society or you may want to experience the amazing bond that can form between you and a child or young person. You can be sure fostering in London will be a challenging and rewarding experience.